Are you still using Yahoo mail but facing a bad experience? Want to Backup Yahoo Mail to Outlook? This tech guide will help you to manage Yahoo mail with Outlook or Export Yahoo emails to PST.
Why choose Outlook?
Microsoft’s web-based Outlook is a more professional and reliable email service offering the same features like calendar, contacts, two-factor verification, and themes. You also get more frequent updates of service and new features, access to online Office, OneDrive, Tasks, Skype, and more. That is the reason to move Yahoo mails to Outlook.
Before moving to know the procedure to transfer Yahoo mail to PST, we have to first connect the Yahoo mail account to Outlook.com. Let’s begin!
1. Steps to Connect Yahoo Mail account to Outlook.com
One of Outlook.com’s best features is the way of connecting multiple accounts (up to 5) to a single inbox from other services (e.g. Yahoo and Gmail). By “connected accounts” enable you to send and receive emails just like any other service, but it also imports your previous messages.
- Login to your web-based Yahoo Mail account.
- Click the gear icon then choose the account info in the top right.
- Then hit Account Security.
- Enable Allow apps that use less secure sign-in toggle switch.
On your Yahoo account, if two-step verification is allowed then you will need to generate a Sign in to your Yahoo Mail account on the web to backup Yahoo Mail to Outlook.
- Click the menu (gear) button.
- In the top-right and select Account Info.
- Hit the Account Security option.
- Hit the Generate app password link.
- Use the drop-down menu on “App Passwords” and pick Outlook Desktop.
- Click the button to Generate.
- Select and paste the code of 16 digits. (If you type the password manually, do not enter the spaces between each group, simply enter the entire password.)
When not enabling Two-step Verification-
When you don’t want to use two-step verification to secure your Yahoo Mail account then you can set your account to allow email clients to access it by Yahoo account sign-in password.
- Sign in to Yahoo mail account.
- Select your profile name from the upper right of the web page, and choose Account Info.
- Choose Account security option.
- Switch on the Allow apps that use less secure sign-in toggle (it turns blue when moved to the On position).
- Finally, your Yahoo Mail account started accepting sign-ins from Outlook.
2. Steps to Backup Yahoo Mail To Outlook PST(2019/2016)
- Visit file tab first.
- Choose Info and then select Add Account.
- A text box appears on the window, enter your Yahoo Mail address there and then select Connect.
- Enter your password of Yahoo mail account.
Notice: Enter the app password you generated if you are using two-step verification not your Yahoo mail password.
- At last, choose Connect. Then you will see that your Yahoo Mail account is added to Outlook.
3. Steps to export Yahoo emails to PST(Outlook 2013/2010)
- Open file tab.
- From file tab, select Info and browse and click Add Account.
- Then hit on Manual setup or additional server types, then hit onNext.
- Hit on Pop or IMAP, then click Next (For outlook 2010 click on Internet e-mail).
- Within the Server Information section, hit on the Account Type dropdown arrow and select IMAP.
- Within the User Information section, enter your name and email address of the Yahoo account.
- Enter imap.mail.Yahoo.com in the Server Information section, in the Incoming mail server text box then enter smtp.mail.Yahoo.com in the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) text box.
- The User Name text box displays the user name from your Yahoo Mail address; correct this information if necessary in the Login Information section. Then enter your password in the Password text box, or the app password you may use generated two-step verification generated password.
- Hit more settings option.
- Hit the Outgoing Server tab and then choose the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication checkbox, then choose Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Click the Use the following type of encrypted connection dropdown arrow for both Incoming server (IMAP) and Outgoing server (SMTP), and select SSL.
Enter 993 within the Incoming server (IMAP) text box.
Enter 465 within the Outgoing server (SMTP) text box.
- Return to the Pop and IMAP Account Settings window Click OK.
- Hit Next. Then if everything is correct, the process will be completed successfully.
- Hit on Close.
- At last, your Yahoo Mail account is added to Outlook successfully.
These are all manual steps explained above. There is another good option for you to directly backup Yahoo mail to hard drive or to move Yahoo mail to PST is ShDataRescue Yahoo Mail Backup utility. This utility helps in transferring all Yahoo mail data to other email clients like Outlook directly. Also, you can backup all the deleted data of Yahoo mails. As there are many flaws in manual ways so you can opt for this utility.
We have discussed various methods to backup yahoo mail to outlook and a detailed explanation of outlook versions as well. By understanding all the methods you can choose any one of them which is suitable for you.
Read here: How to save Office 365 Emails On Desktop