Do you migrate Maildir to your Outlook mail account? This is an accurate page for you, then. Here, you’ll get all the answers to convert Maildir to Outlook. Maildir is a server-based directory that lets users go over the server every time they want to read Maildir files.
Let’s start with the known facts about both the Maildir and Outlook in more detail.
Maildir Vs Outlook:
Maildir is just an email format that saves all email messages in its database of the server. It is keeping a unique file having a unique name for each email message. Also, it stores each folder of Maildir in a particular directory which is divided into 3 sub-directories like cur, tmp, and new.
The outlook is a worldwide known email client utilized by so many organizations, enterprises, home users, etc. It offers users an easy to access GUI for communicating through email messages. This email client is a secure platform for every user. Outlook keeps data always in PST file formats.
This is all about Maildir and Outlook, now, take a look at the common reasons for migrating Maildir files into Outlook.
Why to Import Maildir to Outlook?
As we discussed above, you might have understood both of them clearly, as well as their advantages. To check Maildir email messages, users must first access their servers, and then emails can be read. This could be a terrible task, while in Outlook, the user can easily read all emails in PST formats. This is why users are moving from Maildir to Outlook PST.
Now, let’s look at the manual ways for switching Maildir files into Outlook PST files.
Strategies or Tricks to Convert Maildir to Outlook PST:
This manual way includes two steps:
- Export Maildir Email Messages from its Server
- Import Exported PST files into Outlook
Export Maildir Email Messages from its Server
Notice: Make a Maildir file backup before performing these steps.
- First, link to the Server of any website like FreeViewer.
- Hit the mail folder and this will show all the files.
- Then, you can view all Maildir file folder (.Draft, .Sent, .Trash, cur, tmp, new, etc)
- Next, make a Maildir file backup with all subfolders in your system’s local drive.
Notice: Manual solutions are too difficult to operate when moving Maildir files into PST files. So, you can use a Maildir Converter Tool to move all the Maildir files into PST file format easily.
After exporting all Maildir files into PST format, follows the next step.
Import Exported PST files into Outlook
- Launch the MS Outlook application and login to it. Then press the File tab.
- Now, go to the drop-down menu, and pick the Open & Export option. Hit Import/Export.
- A list will appear, choose Import from another program or file option from the list. Press the Next button.
- Then open the exported PST file from your local drive by Browse option and press the Next button.
- Now, just press the Finish button to complete the importing process.
You have already seen the above task is very complicated to perform. So, to make work easier, you can choose ShDataRescue Maildir Migrator moves all folders or subfolders into multiple file formats such as Outlook PST, MBOX, PDF, HTML EML, and MSG.
- Conducts both single and large volume conversion of Maildir++/Maildir files into various formats.
- Easily import Maildir to MBOX, PST , MSG, TXT and various other formats.
- Upload to Outlook quickly Maildir sub-directories like cur, tmp, and new.
- Offers Maildir emails with all its attributes & attachments with the Preview option.
- The option Date Range Filter excludes/includes old or unwanted messages.
- Gives the capability of splitting PST files according to the size of your suggested file.
Now, you can easily and safely convert Maildir to Outlook with the help of the above methods. I hope, this guide gives you all the possible solutions.