Email is very important in today’s generation that helps in communicating, sending and receiving important data from each other. But when these emails attacked by any virus that makes them inaccessible to the users then it becomes a big problem. Therefore, in this article, we are going to tell you the solutions to export emails from Hotmail to Computer that will be used as a backup for future purposes.
First, we should know the importance of the Hotmail web browser.
Hotmail is one of the most popular webmail clients for webmail services. A lot of people are using this because of its advanced security features. Microsoft Hotmail has a lot of amazing features like emailing, chatting, saving cloud data, and more. A lot of users prefer to manage their emails and save important documents to the Hotmail webmail. It only allows the user to transfer emails from one folder to another. But limits the user’s ability to save them to the PC which stops the user from creating a backup.
Why Hotmail Backup is important?
Hotmail has always been at the forefront of webmail services (now known as Outlook.com). Throughout its history, it has undergone multiple ups and downs while retaining a million-numbered user base. Yet Hotmail users are also vulnerable to hacking attacks, just like any other internet service. There are many incidents have occurred with Hotmail emails so it becomes an important task to keep a backup of it.
Therefore, we are providing some useful tricks to save Hotmail emails to the hard drive.
How to save Hotmail emails to Computer by performing Manual Operations?
There are several manual ways export emails from Hotmail to PC as follows:
Method 1: Using Copy and Paste
This is the easiest way to get your PC’s email content. All you need to do is select all the text and then copy it from the Hotmail email and then paste it into a word document file to save the word file to your PC. You can now move the word file with the content of the email to any location in the system, and you can also move it or save Hotmail emails to hard drive or pen drive.
Method 2: Using View Message Source Option
Microsoft does not provide a direct export option to export emails from Hotmail to Computer. Nonetheless, some step-by-step method will help users to save their local device webmail messages as follows:
- Initially, Logging into your Hotmail account.
- Then open a Hotmail email that you want to take backup.
- Now, find the down arrow next to Reply under the message’s header area.
- From there choose the option of View message source:
Right-click on the context menu>>select View message source option.
5. After opening the source code of the message, do the following steps:
Press the Ctrl+A key to select all the text and then click on Ctrl+C to copy the selected code.
Press the Command +A key, followed by the Command+C key to select the text and copy the message on the Mac OS platform.
Check to see if you allowed by the browser to save your email source code directly in EML format:
- First, go to File > Save As option in the email message source tab
- Then rename the file by your own followed by a .eml extension(eg-F1.eml)
- Mostly, for saving text browsers only allow .html or .htm extensions. So those files consisting .eml extension double-check it.
- Press Continue and save the message file to any path on your hard drive.
If saving EML format does not allow by the browser then follow below steps:
- Start any plain text editor, such as the Notepad program, once you have copied the source message code.
- Make a new text document.
- Press the Ctrl+V key for Windows or Command+V for the Mac system.
- By doing so, it will paste the copied content.
- At last, save that text document with .eml extension on your hard drive or computer (eg- F1.eml).
So these are the manual solutions to download Hotmail emails to the hard drive. But these manual solutions become too long when performed by the users. Also, it is a time taking process so we advised you to use a professional way i.e Hotmail Backup utility. This utility rapidly export emails from Hotmail to Computer directly within no time. This tool is compatible with both Windows and Mac versions. It can run by any non-technical user also.
We have described all the possible ways to solve the query “how to save Hotmail emails to computer”. In this blog, we have mentioned both manual and direct methods for solving users’ issues. To avoid a lengthy manual process, a professional tool is provided you can go with this also.