Are you also looking for a solution to the most searched query on the internet “ How do I Import EML files”? If yes, then you stand at the right page. Read this technical blog till it ends, here you will get the most appropriate ebay to move EML files to Office 365.
However, every desktop email client has its own value, but still according to the requirement of time users switch from one email client to another. Similarly, users also need to switch from desktop email clients to enjoy the upgrade features.
EML is used as a standard file extension for electronic emails and is mostly used by Outlook Express and various other email programs too. With this emerging technology arena, users prefer to work with flexible and reliable platforms. This is one of the major reasons to convert EML to Outlook 365.
Office 365 is the cloud-based platform that offers improved functionality and more security. So, users prefer to store their files on a cloud-based platform like O365. The files stored here can easily be accessed irrespective of time and place only with internet connectivity.
Do you know what will be workarounds for this migration? No! Then know here in the next part.
How do I Import EML files into Outlook 365 Manually?
There is no direct method to move EML Files to Office 365. So in this workaround, you need to execute two conversion processes. First, you need to move EML files to Outlook PST and then import that resultant PST file to Office 365. Let’s discuss the processes below:
- Import EML to Outlook PST
To import or convert EML files to Outlook, you can use the inbuilt features of Windows Live Mail i.e, drag and drop feature. This feature enables you to drag and drop EML files to a folder and later this folder will be imported to Outlook. To execute this process, follow the below instructions:
- First, Launch the Windows Live Mail and the Windows Explorer on your system.
- Now in Windows Explorer, open the folder of EML files.
- Let both the Windows open and visible.
- Then, Drag all the require EML files from Explorer and drop them to the Messages Folder in WLM.
- Now, in WLM, reach to File>>Export>>Email Messages.
- Select the option with MS Outlook or Exchange and hit OK.
- Here you will see that Outlook started in the background.
- Hit the ‘Selected Folders’ button in order to choose the folder of EML files.
- Tap on OK and then Finish button to finish the ongoing export process.
- At last, ensure whether the entire EML messages are now available in MS Outlook.
So, here we completed the first process of workaround to solve the query “How do I Import EML files”. However, the above method is good to carry out the conversion procedure but has its consequences. Like requires Exchange Server, loss of attachments and consumes a lot of time to convert large numbers of EML files. Now let’s move to the next process of conversion workaround.
- Import Resultant PST file to Office 365
Now, after successful conversion of EML files to Outlook. At this second process, you need to import the resultant PST Files to Office 365. Go through the below-instructed steps:
- First, Sign in into the Office 365 account using your credentials.
- Now go to the Import page (of Data governance), and generate a new job to upload data to the location of Office 365 Azure storage.
- Then, copy and save the network upload SAS URL.
- Download and launch Azure AzCopy utility and execute it.
- Here, you need to use the command prompt in order to upload the PST files to Office 365 with the help of AzCopy.exe tool. You can also open the PST files with Microsoft Azure Storage Explorer.
- Then generate CSV file including the information of mailboxes details of mailboxes.
- Generate a PST import job authenticating the CSV file that has already been created in previous steps.
- At last import the resultant PST files to Office 365.
So, here we discussed the methods along with its two processes i.e, import EML to Outlook and another import PST to O365. After you successfully execute these processes the EML files will be exported to Office 365. Here, you can easily observe that these methods are very lengthy and have their own limitations. These methods are especially not recommended by the professionals for a non-technical user or if you do not have sufficient time.
So, to overcome these consequences and perform the entire import process reliably you can also opt for a third-party utility. One such most trusted utility is EML to Outlook Converter freeware. Now let’s discuss the automated solution in the next section of the blog.
Resolve Query “How do I Import EML files” using Expert Solution
Nowadays, for such tricky and complicated conversion various expert solutions i.e, automated tools are available. One such is EML Converter, the tool converts EML files or messages into more than 15 different file formats in no time. Let us see some of its proficient and exceptional features:
- Export EML files directly to PST, PDF, EMLX, MSG, HTML, MHTML, AOL, OST, etc.
- Import EML to Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, IMAP, Thunderbird, Zimbra, Office 365, Opera Mail, and Hotmail.
- Users can easily process multiple conversions of EML files with this tool.
- EML Outlook freeware Converter comes with a simple & reliable GUI.
- Allows users to rename the resultant files.
- Works reliably with entire versions of the Windows Operating System.
So here, we discussed an expert solution to convert EML to Outlook 365. Now you are familiar with both the solutions i.e, manual and expert solutions. If you have sufficient time and patience then manual is not a bad choice. But if you are running out of time, then don’t risk your data with a manual approach.
We hope at the end of the blog you successfully exported EML files to Office 365. Here, we discussed manual workaround including two processes and an expert solution. You can use any of the solutions as per your comfort and preferences to solve the issue “How do I Import EML files”.