Microsoft Outlook application locally stores all its items in PST file format. Whether it is Contacts, Calendars or Emails, all the Outlook items are saved in the computer in Outlook compatible format. But the question arises, is PST file is compatible with other email client applications? The answer is no. Thus many users want to know how they can easily export PST file calendar data into other applications or file formats. Or more precisely, to convert PST to ICS file format.
In this blog, we will discuss the step by step process to export PST files to ICS format.
Manual Strategy to Convert PST to ICS
In this Manual approach, you can follow the step by step process listed below to export PST file to ICS format –
- Launch MS Outlook application and click on the Calendar icon.
- Choose the calendar that you want to convert.
- Now, Go to the File menu.
- Select the Save Calendar option.
- Define the destination location where you want to save the resultant file.
- You can also check More Options for additional details.
- In the date range feature in the dropdown menu, you can choose the date like Today, Tomorrow, specify dates, the whole Calendar.
- Once you have applied the required configuration, click on OK.
- Click on the Save Button.
Note: There might be some limitations of the manual strategy like users will need to install MS Outlook applications on their computer system. The manual process is also quite lengthy and a very time-consuming process. Moreover, to perform the manual process, one should have the technical expertise and there might be a risk of human error that can lead to a severe data loss.
To overcome all these difficulties, you can go with the second method of conversion which is the use of third-party software that is more reliable and secure.
Alternative Solution to Convert PST to ICS
As we have seen that there are several limitations with the manual approach of conversion. So, to overcome them, you can use expert software which is more reliable and trustable. I suggest you to use ShDataRescue PST to ICS Converter Tool. Let’s now see how the software works –
- Launch the tool and then Add files to convert
- If you want to add a folder then click on the Add Folder option.
The software comes with Two modes – Single-mode and Multiple modes
Single-mode allows users to choose a single PST item like Inbox, calendar, tasks, contacts, etc. and multiple modes allows to add multiple PST files.
- If you have chosen single-mode, then hit the Next button.
- A tree-like structure will form, choose items you want to convert.
- Select Save as other formats in the file saving dropdown option.
- Use the Date filter feature to sort items by providing the date range and Naming convention (if want to).
- Define the destination location to save the resultant file and then hit Apply button.
- Wait until all your selected PST files convert to ICS.
- Once the process of conversion gets completed, click on OK to finish.
Note: If you have chosen Multiple modes, then click on the convert button and follow the same process as mentioned above.
The software provides some amazing features as listed below –
- Can convert PST files to various other file formats like EML, MSG, MBOX, HTML, etc.
- Easily performs the Bulk Conversion.
- No need to have any external expertise to run the software.
- User-friendly Graphical Interface.
- Offers two modes of conversion – Single Mode and Multiple Mode.
- Directly export PST files to other email client applications like Gmail, Yahoo.
- Doesn’t alter the hierarchy and structure of the original file
- No file size limitation
- The demo version of the tool allows users to convert 25 emails for Free.
In this blog, we have discussed both the possible strategies to convert PST to ICS file format without any hassle. We have seen, manual method is a lengthy and time-consuming process where there might be a risk of human error that can lead to data loss or damage to the original file. So, I suggest you use professional software for quick and secure conversion.