Want to save email from Office 365 Webmail to desktop? Here comes the solution. In today’s world, technical users are leaning more towards export and import data to the required location. Office 365 is such a popular cloud-based application. Some of the users want to create a copy of their Office 365 database due to several reasons.
As accessing Office 365 mailbox items requires internet connectivity. Hence, it is advisable to copy emails from Office 365 to desktop. It is done so that the emails can be accessed easily, which is available at your local drive at any time. So, in this blog, we are going to explain how to save email from office 365 webmail to desktop
Manual techniques to Save Email from Office 365 Webmail to Desktop
Users can avail of the manual methods to transfer email from Outlook 365 to the desktop using the below-listed workaround techniques.
Method #1: Save Office 365 Webmail to PST Using Outlook
For this migration, you need to make sure that Office 365 mailboxes must be configured with MS Outlook application so that Office 365 must have the complete permission to export the messages. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, Run Outlook and from the File menu, select Open and Export then Import and Export.
- Now, from the Import and Export wizard, choose Export to a file and then click on the Next button.
- After that, choose Outlook Data File (.pst) in the newly opened window and then click Next.
- Then, it will ask you to select the folder items to be move. Choose the required folder (public folder, mailbox) and then click Next.
Method #2: Using eDiscovery
The in-built eDiscovery feature of Microsoft Office 365 is supported in all the Exchange online plans including 2016, 2013, 2010. Just follow the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, Open Office 365 application and enter the login credentials.
- Now, open Office 365 Admin Center >> Security & Compliance Center. Go to Permissions and edit the eDiscovery Manager role group.
- Next, from the following rules, choose Compliance Search, Case Management, Export, Review, and RMS Decrypt, Hold, Preview, check the presence of Export role. If you found missing, ensure that using a plus button, you add it.
- Go to the Search and Investigate option and check the add button to start a new content search. Now, provide a suitable name and click on the Next button.
- After that, select the Search everywhere and checkmark Exchange to export all the mailboxes. Or use the custom location selection, you can also select the specific mailbox.
- Users can also provide filters such as time range, email metadata (from, to, cc, bcc) and message types. Click on Search and from the next window, click Start export.
- Under the Content Search dialogue box, you can easily download the exported results by clicking Download export results. Also, you have to create an export key and copy this to Clipboard.
- In the eDiscovery Export Tool, paste the export key, and provide a location where you want to get data and click Start to begin the process.
Drawbacks of Manual Process
- This technique is lengthy as well as time-consuming.
- It is a quite difficult process for Non-Technical users.
- There is no guarantee for complete email migration.
- Outlook installation is must require for the conversion
To overcome all the limitations and drawbacks of a manual process, it is suggested to go with the third-party application.
Is there any reliable method to save Office 365 to Desktop?
Yes, ShDataRescue Office 365 Backup tool is the one-stop solution, which can help to copy emails from Office 365 to desktop along with attachments in an effective way. This application is useful to Save Email from Office 365 Webmail to Desktop without any kind of data loss. It can save the backup of mailboxes in PST, EML, MBOX, PDF, MHTML, and MSG.
It is a versatile utility comprising of endless features that can backup emails, contacts, calendars, and documents easily. In the case of exporting selective emails, one can avail of the date-filter option to save selective emails. Moreover, this fully-fledged tool is available for both Windows and Mac operating systems. Hope now you get the solution and learn how to save email from office 365 webmail to desktop