Office 365 provides larger email quotas, that is why it is better you can move all your emails from Outlook account to Office 365 account. This allows you to manage and access all your emails from anywhere and at any time no matter which device you are using to access. Many users ask about how they can import PST to Office 365. In this article, we will provide you the complete guidance on why and how you can access all your PST files in Office 365. Also, I’ll suggest a professional solution to learn how you can transfer all your .pst files in office 365 in bulk.
Many office users are still unaware about what office 365 is. Microsoft office 365 offers several user-oriented services like Hosted exchange server, Skype for businesses and Microsoft Planner. Also offers some new additional features.
Why Migrate PST to Office 365?
If you are running any business then you should definitely consider switching to a cloud-based service like Office 365. By doing it, you can make your company’s employees more creative, and satisfied at their work, with this you can see an increment in the productivity of the company.
- You just need to have an internet connection and Office 365 allows you to work from anywhere you want.
- The main issue with .pst files is that they are not managed centrally. You can’t find whom they belong to, where they are and how many.
- Users get attracted with features like services such as Social Networking, Collaboration, Yammer.
- Office 365 doesn’t need to get upgraded every time. Users get benefited with the latest version without having any hidden charges.
Manual Ways to Export PST to Office 365
Sometimes it might become a challenge to import PST to office 365. There are two ways to import, either you can try the Manual technique or you can use any professional tool. Here we will discuss steps for manually transferring. For that you must be familiar with Microsoft Outlook’s Import & Export feature.
Export to PST File
- Go to Control Panel and click on Mail Microsoft Outlook 2016 (32-bit).
- On the Mail setup box, click on the Show Profiles. Button.
- Under Always use this profile option, choose Outlook then click on the Apply button.
- Launch MS Outlook on your system, then click on the File tab and go to Open & Export > Import/Export.
- In Import and Export wizard, click on the Export to a file. Hit the Next button.
- Define the location of the resultant PST file after clicking on Browse.
Now close outlook and again go back to the Control Panel > Mail Microsoft outlook 2016. In the Mail setup box, Click on Show Profiles.. Button. Under Always use this Profile, choose outlook 365 email and then hit Apply.
Import PST file
- Click on File tab in Microsoft Outlook. Select Open & Export > Import/Export.
- In Import and Export wizard, select import from another program. Hit Next.
- You will see Import a file dialog box, choose Outlook Data File (.pst) then click the Next button to continue.
- Browse the PST file you want to import. Select them and click Open.
- Now select Do not import duplicates. Click Next and then finish.
Limitations with Manual Method
- Pretty much tedious and Time-consuming.
- Risk of data loss as there is always a chance of human error.
- Technical expertise is required.
- If the process fails in between, then in the next attempt, duplicity will appear.
- Bulk conversion with manual method doesn’t come handy.
Professional Way to Import PST to Office 365
If you are looking for an easy, secure and quickest way to transfer all your Outlook PST files to Office 365 then you can use a professional PST to Office 365 Converter Tool that doesn’t require any external expertise to run the software. You can easily export all your PST files in bulk in a single click and there will be no risk of data loss.
Above we have discussed why you need to switch to Office 365 and what are the possible ways to import PST to Office 365. You can process the migration manually and with the help of the professional tool. This can be concluded that use of professional software is better as this is the quickest and the most efficient way to migrate without any risk of data loss. And in addition, allows you to migrate all PST files in bulk and provides many advanced features.