Yahoo users have problems working on Mac systems. One of the problems that a user may face is “Yahoo mail not working with Mac mail.” If you are a Yahoo user who uses it on a Mac system, then you should know the methods to fix this kind of problem. This guide explains all the important steps that need to be taken to fully address the issue.
For their viability and comfort, several users link their Yahoo account to Mac mail so they can handle multiple email accounts in one program. But occasionally Yahoo mail doesn’t fit with Mac Mail because of minor negligence. You can’t reach contacts, calendars etc. in this circumstance so you may find a way around the problem.
Let’s start some fixes to resolve the issue.
Strategies to Solve “Yahoo mail not working on Apple Devices” problem:
Either of incorrect settings or whether there is some form of problem with Yahoo Mail account. Therefore, to evaluate the underlying problem Yahoo mail not working with Mac mail, one may use the methods served below:
Solution 1: Access Yahoo Mail Account Individually Beyond Mac
- Open a web browser on your computer.
- Then sign in to your Yahoo Mail account.
- Make another email message and include your own email address in the given “To” field.
- Send the email and if it is issued within 5 minutes log in.
- If any issue arises, you’re supposed to submit it at that point to make Yahoo Mail account function in Mac Mail as well.
Solution 2: Check System Updates
Apple provides updates to its operating systems at any time, so it can avoid Yahoo Mail from loading into Apple Mail by not downloading the new update. Therefore, make sure that you use the new version of the Mac operating system.
Solution 3: Delete and Add Yahoo Mail Account
Often the configuration of email apps crashes and gets corrupted, restricting users to get to their emails. The only thing you should regularly want to update now is to reinstall it. Find out the steps that help fix Yahoo mail that don’t work on Mac issues.
- Start the Mac Mail application.
- Press Menu>>Mail option.
- Now, pick the Preferences as the option.
- Choose the Yahoo Mail Account that you want to delete.
- Press Dash (-) from the Bottom.
- Press the OK button.
- Connect the corresponding Yahoo account to your Mac Mail again afterwards.
Solution 4: Test Yahoo Mail Account Setup
- Test Spam Folder to see if any emails are wrongly labelled as spam You might also have blocked the EmailSender.
- Test other folders via Email Filter to see if they have kept an email to that folder.
- Answer to address should be kept blank.
Solution 5: Deactivate Antivirus Applications
Often the Protection apps dispute Yahoo mail’s features and then Yahoo Mail doesn’t function on mac devices. So, first you can disable all of your system’s security programs and then try to open Yahoo mail in Mac.
- Start the Security Program and deactivate all sorts of restrictions.
- Now, link Yahoo Mail to Apple Mail.
- If Yahoo mail begins to work correctly then Yahoo is prevented from operating in Mac mail by the antivirus programme.
- When the Yahoo mail starts running properly, the antivirus software can be re-enabled.
Solution 6: Look for available Auto-Forwarding feature
If this auto-forwarding function has been activated in the Yahoo Mail account then you can avoid it by downloading messages on Mac Mail. To check auto-send, follow the below steps:-
- Press the Settings tab and choose.
- Hit the Auto Forward option.
- You can view all the rules for Auto-Forwarding.
Solution 7: Check Inaccurate Server Address
If Yahoo Mail doesn’t send emails to Mac Apple Mail, this problem could be linked to the email server. Thus, search the server address and ensure that the following server addresses are entered:
- POP3 incoming mail server: pop.mail.yahoo.com (port 995, need SSL)
- IMAP incoming mail server: imap.mail.yahoo.com (port 993, need SSL)
- SMTP outgoing mail server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com (port 465 or 587, need SSL)
- NEWS server: news.yahoo.com
Solution 8: Handle Emails in Offline Mode
Apple has developed its own framework for handling emails in Offline Mode to handle the issue of new emails. If the internet connection is broken, the user will resume his work in an Offline mode. This cogently connects with the remote email server and Mac Mail. Here are ways to do this:
- Go to the Mac Mail, press Mailbox tab >>take all accounts offline.
- Open the Mailbox Tab again and press Get All New Mail.
Solution 9: Exit and Relaunch Mail App
Simply restart the Apple Mail app to fix emails not downloading emails in Yahoo Mail problem. It’s so because quitting and reopening the application removes all of the background processes that trigger the problem. The easiest way to do this is to press “Command+Q” from the Mail app, and restart the program.
Solution 10: Test Yahoo Account Login Info
- This will prevent Yahoo from retrieving emails if you are using incorrect login info for your Yahoo Mail account instead. So ensure the following information is true:
- Email address: Full email address (email@example.com)
- Password: Account’s exact password
- Requires Authentication: Yes
If the above process does not work properly then the next option left with you is converting Yahoo emails into MBOX file formats. So that MBOX files will be imported into Mac Mail as it supports this file format. This process requires a third-party tool known as Yahoo Backup Tool. It can quickly convert Yahoo mail into MBOX file format. Later, these MBOX files will be imported into Mac Mail.
This guide explains methods for solving “Yahoo mail not working with Mac mail” problem. And in the end, it provides a direct utility as another method for better outcomes. Hope, you find the best outcomes after performing the above methods. You may also learn How to export Yahoo calendar to Outlook.